Couple of quick notes:
- The 10 points after five games is the most in team history. The previous best was in 2002, when the club past the 10 point mark in the sixth game of the year.
- This was the team's third road win of the year: two in MLS play and the road victory over the KC Wizards in the Open Cup play-in game.
- Mastroeni scored his third goal in 162 games played for Colorado. It was the 27th time he's faced New England in his career, more than any other MLS team.
- Colorado has yet to give up a goal from the run of play this season. All five goals surrendered have come on set pieces: one corner (CHI), two PKs (CHI, TOR), two freekicks (KC, NE).
- The team lined up in a different formation than the first four games. Mastroeni and Larentowicz were in holding spots in front of the defense, with Mehdi Ballouchy in front, Omar Cummings and Wells Thompson on the sides, and Conor Casey up top. Something like a 4-2-3-1.
- It seems this may have surprised former Rapids goalkeeper - current Revs - Preston Burpo, who said after the game: "G
Watch Smith and Ballouchy's post-game comments below: