We don't want to make the weather a point of conversation here all the time, but spring time here in Denver varies so much that it often forces the team to adapt from one day to the other.
For instance, on Wednesday, the guys were training under sunny skies and near 80 degree temps. Then, on Thursday, it was snowing on our way to the stadium - so the hats, gloves, and sweats were back out.
The team leaves for San Jose on Friday after their morning practice.
Here are some team links and notes:
- For starters, here are some notes on the match up this weekend between the Rapids and San Jose. The game is on Sat, May 1 at 8 pm MT, live on KWGN-Channel 2.
- Don't forget that the Official Away game viewing party on Saturday is The Oak Tavern in Lodo: 1414 Market Street.
- Our new website it moving along. Still some frustrations but also much progress. Have you seen the new video page? Click here to see the Rapids in-stadium pre-game video.
- No changes on the injury front. Ross and Ciaran are still out, though Ciaran has been working with the training staff out on the fields the past week or so. Also, Jamie Smith looks to be out this weekend after re-aggrevating his hamstring towards the end of last week.
- Pablo was the guest on Class VI's Six Questions this week. Click here to listen to him talk about his goal versus New England, his celebration, the team's formation, yellow card messages, the World Cup, and more.
- Did you read abou the star youth player from Salt Lake that left Utah to play for the Colorado Rapids U-18s? Click here for the story.
- Former Rapids' midfielder Terry Cooke was back in Denver and was interviewed by Tribalfootball. Click here to read.
- Quincy Amarikwa will be returning to San Jose this weekend for the first time since he was traded to Colorado. Still a fan favorite for Quakes fans, he talks to CenterlineSoccer.com about his transition, his classes, and more. On that note, Quincy has gone the way of Ceus with his new hair-style.
- If you haven't heard or read, our partner-club Pachuca has won the CONCACAF Champions League for the third time in four years. They'll play in the FIFA Club World Cup once again in December.
- Did you notice the picture on FIFA.com last week? With Conor and Pablo congratuling each other and the Supporters Terrace celebrating? Here it is.
- The New York Red Bull defeated the Philadelphia Union in an Open Cup play-in game 2-1 on Tuesday. New York will now host New England on May 12, with the winner hosting the Rapids (before June 9) for the right to enter the 2010 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup.
- The Rapids return home next Wednesday, May 5 to host the LA Galaxy (7:30 pm MT). One of our partner radio stations, KTCL 93.3FM, will be offering perks for the first 93 Area93.com members to flash their membership card prior to the game. Click here for more info.
- 93.3 is also doing another promotion: win a chance to sing on stage with the pre-game tailgate party band, The Synthetic Elements. Click here for more.
- We're not too far from the start of the 2010 FIFA World Cup. If any of you are going, you may want to check out U.S. Soccer resource guide by clicking here.
- We'll leave you with MLSsoccer.com's Jonah Freedman's story on the Respect factor...are Conor Casey and other the Dangerfields of the USMNT?