The team has a Friday morning practice and then leaves for Kansas City, where they'll play the Wizards twice in four days. Saturday's game is a regular season contest that will be played at their current home, CommunityAmerica Ballpark (6:30 pm MT, official viewing party at SOBO 151.)
The two sides will meet again four days later in a qualifying game for the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup: Tuesday, April 13th at Stanley H. Durwood Stadium on the campus of the University of Missouri-Kansas City (8:30 pm MT). Click here for the game preview and additional game notes.
Some other notes:
- The Rapids acquired forward Quincy Amarikwa from San Jose on Wednesday in exchange for the clubs natural 2nd Round selection in the 2011 SuperDraft.
- Quincy will take one of the roster spots that opened up when we placed Ross Schunk (knee) and Ciaran O'Brien (hip) on injured reserve. They'll both miss at least the next six games. In the meantime, they won't take up a roster spot.
- MLS clarified the roster limits today, giving clubs more options to add home-grown talent.
- Claudio Lopez still hasn't received his visa, so at the moment, he's in a holding pattern. There's still a chance it could be granted before rosters close for the weekend on Friday afternoon. Then it's up to the coaches to decide if when to add him to the roster and/or when they feel he's ready to play.
- The loan of keeper Steward Ceus to Charlotte was completed. However, since Ian Joyce injured his ankle last week, we called Ceus last week back per the loan agreement. Steward was here all week and is likely to travel for both the Kansas City games.
- Speaking of Ceus, here had a new look. Before. After.
- We're also in the process of potentially loaning out Rob Valentino to Tampa Bay Rowdies of the newly-named USSF D-2 Pro League (formerly USL D-1). In order to get him started - similar to what happened with Ceus - he's already in Tampa training with the team.
- Some may have notice a couple of number changes: Andre Akpan will wear #19 for the year, and Oscar Murillo will wear #6. Amarikwa will use #12. Lopez was wearing #7 during the week, the number Valentino had been using.
- The club today announced another adidas Alliance Partner, the Downtown Las Vegas Soccer Club. Here's more info.