As the team continues preseason training in England, let's bring you up to date on some recent team notes:
* The Rapids have signed 24-year old goalkeeper Ian Joyce. The Seton Hall University product has played his entire professional career in England since joining Grays Athletic FC in 2007, then moving to Watford and most recently with Southend United.
* The team has officially released forward Facundo Diz.
* While trialist Andy Lorei traveled with the team to England, on Wednesday morning the Rapids were joined by another trialist: Jure Travner, a defender currently with Watford FC.
* Scott Palguta has Achilles tendonitis and is rehabbing at Dick’s Sportings Good Park.
* Ross Schunk had surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his right knee. Schunk suffered the injury in the Rapids’ preseason game against Real Salt Lake on Feb. 26 in Arizona.
* 2010 third-round MLS SuperDraft pick defender Chad Borak and Colombian midfield trialist Rolan De La Cruz have not been extended contracts and are no longer with the team.
* Rapids 2010 second round MLS SuperDraft picks Andre Akpan and Ross LaBauex, who were signed prior to the MLS SuperDraft, will use jersey numbers #24 and #16, respectively. (Though we're told those numbers could change if other numbers become available).
* Rob Valentino is switching his jersey number from #35 to #7.
* The Rapids have welcomed back John Ireland as the club's new Fitness Coach. Ireland returns for a sixth season with the Rapids, having served in a similar capacity with the club during the 2000-2004 seasons. Born in Aberdeen, Scotland, his background includes working with English Premier League side Derby County Football Club, the LA Galaxy, and the Colorado Mammoth, where he was a staff member during their 2006 National Lacrosse League World Championship.