Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Rapids Midfielder Jamie Smith Talks 2010


Soccer365.com has posted a good interview with Rapids second year player Jamie Smith.

The Scottish midfielder was just hitting his stride last season when he was sidelined with injury; in the article he talks about his rehab as well as looks ahead to what hopefully promises to be a much better year for the Rapids' #20.

Some of Smith's excerpted quotes:

“You come into a new club and you want to impress, you want to make your mark. To get injured it’s really frustrating because I had certain complications with the injury.

“Last season, I got a good relationship with all the guys and obviously that’s real important. Because I was injured I got more time to get the time to know the guys much more in the locker room, going out for food, or whatever. There’s no one in the team I’ve got a problem with at all. They’re a nice bunch of lads. That’s part of training here, the last 3-4 weeks every day, getting to know what players' strengths and weaknesses are, different qualities are.

“When I went back home for the offseason, my athletic trainer had written up a field program for me---very detailed. It was just stick to that as much as possible, and it was more just trying to strengthen the muscles round about my knee so I was ready to go from the first day.”


Read the entire article here.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: