Thursday, September 3, 2009

ColoradoSoccerNow's Q&A With Spencer


George Tanner of ColoradoSoccerNow.com caught up with Rapids Gallery of Honor inductee John Spencer over the weekend for an in-depth question and answer session.

Read the entire interview on their site by clicking here.

Some excerpted quotes from Spenny:

"Speaking to family and friends, [the Rapids Gallery of Honor induction] is probably the nicest thing that anybody’s done for my in my whole career. I feel very, very honored to be up on the wall with some good players. It’s an individual award, but when you get individual awards you only get them because the people around you helped you achieved the, teammates, family, friends and the fans.

"The biggest thank-you is always going to the fans for me because, as I said, they gave me that love and that passion back. I’m very, very honored to receive it. It will be nice to come back and see my name up on that wall.

"I’ve got a lot of friends who still live in this area. Paul works in Colorado. Dave Kramer is the goalie coach that I played with. I look at this time, the time I spent here in Colorado as a player, as on par with Chelsea when I played there for the five, six years that I was there, as enjoyment.

"I really, really enjoyed my football here. I didn’t have a good spell at Motherwell in Scotland before I came to Colorado, but after being here two or three weeks, the fans were so … It was a great atmosphere in the old Mile High to play. I got my love and my passion for the game back, and the rest is history. I love this place, and I always say that when I’m going to retire this will be the place I retire for the rest of my days."
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: