Monday, February 15, 2010

Palguta's Posts: "I'm Really, Really, Really Ridiculously Good-Looking."


It’s surprising how comfortable and at home I feel playing on national television or in front of a crowd of 30,000 people; no nerves, no jitters, no problems. Yet if you take that little round ball away from me and throw me back in front of the camera....I’m lost.


This is what I experienced last week while taking some time to do a Rapids photo shoot at Dick's Sporting Goods Park for Mile High Sports Magazine. Ok, maybe I’m embellishing a little bit, but it’s still a somewhat awkward experience, at least initially.


The shoot consisted of two parts: a series of outdoor action shots and some indoor fashion shots. We started down on the turf fields where our photographer spent some time looking for the perfect action shot (the easy part). I performed some juggling tricks, side volleys, and even a few overhead kicks until the photographer was satisfied (or maybe he just gave up—we’ll see). About twenty minutes and a few turf burns later, we headed back to the locker room, where I got cleaned up and dressed for the fashion portion of the shoot.


Fortunately, the room was full of complete strangers, which made me extra comfortable.

After a few introductions to these strangers, I was put back in front of the camera, but only after the guys from American Crew styled my 'do, and dressed me in trendy street clothes (courtesy of Metroboom), and asked to perform some relatively unnatural poses. At one point, I was asked to hold my phone and act as if I was texting or reading an email. However, I quickly discovered that actually using my phone was a lot easier than pretending. So, I texted my girlfriend back and forth for a few minutes, and before I knew it, we were done! So it wasn’t so bad after all!


The Rapids also posted a video showing the behind the scenes from the fashion shoot on the club's Facebook page; watch it here.

But in all seriousness, the shoot was a lot of fun and I’m grateful for the opportunity to be even a small part of next month’s issue. I also look forward to seeing the rest of the boys in subsequent issues—it makes for great locker room banter.


Oh, and to the best of my knowledge, that’s 2 defenders, 1 midfielder, and 0 forwards that have been featured thus far in this monthly Rapids feature in the magazine. Go figure!


I’ll be back next week with an update from our preseason training trip to sunny Phoenix, AZ…..


--Scott


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: