The Rapids will kick off their 15th season a week from today when they travel to California to face Chivas USA at The Home Depot Center (March 26, 8:30 pm MT). Here are some notes to take you into the final off-season weekend.
- With the inclement weather this morning, the guys were given the day off. They'll return for a couple of closed sessions this weekend on the fields here at Dick's Sporting Goods Park.
- Pablo Mastroeni and Jeff Larentowicz are excused as they represent the players in the on-going meetings with Major League Soccer.
- We're in the process of finalizing a loan deal for goalkeeper Steward Ceus to join the Charlotte Eagles of the United Soccer League’s Second Division for the 2010 season. Fans may recall that the 6'6" keeper was loaned to Charlotte last summer. He started 10 games for the Eagles from June to August, posting four shutouts. The current deal is structured so that we can recall him at any time.
- Midfielder Greg Dalby has been waived.
- If you want to get a taste of what the 2010 MLS season will bring, be sure to tune in to Fox Soccer Channel's MLS Preview show tonight at 6 pm MT. We haven't looked up the replay schedule, but it may be shown at other times in case you miss it tonight.
- And, if you want to read ESPN.com's 2010 preview on the Rapids, click here.
- We'll have more details on the launch of our new website next week. In the meantime...
- Midfielder Jamie Smith will be a regular 'blogger' for the website of Sport TV in his native Scotland. He wrote his first entry earlier this week: How Did I End Up Playing in America.
- Also this week, FC Denver spoke to defender Drew Moor.
- Our Premier League partners, Arsenal FC, drew Barcelona for the Quarterfinals of the UEFA Champions League. Click here for more on the draw.
- Rapids Season Ticket holders should be receiving their 2010 season ticket next week. Full Season Ticket Holder will also receive instructions on how to claim their exclusive gift, the burgundy and white Rapids adidas scarf that Omar Cummings is showing off in the photo above.
Have a good weekend.